Fusipar - Fusidic Acid Cream 2% for Acne Vulgaris Treatment
Fusidic acid cream is active in vitro against Staphylococcus aureus, most coagulase-positive staphylococci, Beta-hemolytic streptococci, Corynebacterium species, and most clostridium species. Fusidic acid has no known useful activity against enterococci or most Gram-negative bacteria (except Neisseria, Moraxella, Legionella pneumophila, and Bacteroides fragilis). Fusidic acid is active in vitro and clinically against Mycobacterium leprae but has only marginal activity against Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
Topical fusidic acid is occasionally used as a treatment for acne vulgaris. As a treatment for acne, fusidic acid is often partially effective at improving acne symptoms. However, research studies have indicated that fusidic acid is not as highly active against Propionibacterium acnes as many other antibiotics that are commonly used as acne treatments. Fusidic acid is also found in several additional topical skin and eye preparations, although its use for these purposes is controversial.
Fusidic acid is being tested for indications beyond skin infections. There is evidence from compassionate use cases that fusidic acid may be effective in the treatment of patients with prosthetic joint-related chronic osteomyelitis.
Composition: Each gram of Fusipar cream contains fusidic acid..........20 mg
Size: 10 gr
Fusidic acid and its salt exert antibacterial activity against most gram positive organism; particulary staphylococcus aureus topically. They are also effective to streptococcus, neisseria, harmophillus, moraxella, and corynebacteria.
For skin infection due to staphylococcus or other fusidic acid-sensitive organism; the most important indications being: impetigo, foliculitis, furunculosis, sycosis barbae, hidradenitis axillaries, abcess, paronychia, and erythrasma.
Dosage and administrations :
• For open lesions : after washing, apply to the affected area three to four times daily or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
• For occlusive lesions : apply frequently. Generally for a period of 7 days with or without convering dressing.
• Known hypersensitive to fusidic acid and its salts.
• Infection due to non-sensitive organisms againtst fusidic acid especially pseudomonas aeruginosa.
Adverse reactions :
Hypersensitivity reactions in the form of rashes and irritation.
Warning and precautions :
• Use of topical antibiotics occasionally allows overgrowth of non-susceptible organisms. If this occurs discontinued administration and appropriate therapy institude.
• If irritation\sensitization developed, treatment should be discontinued and appropriate therapy institude.
• Fusidic acid topical preparations should not be used in or near the eyes because of the possibility of conjunctival irritation.
• Safety in the treatment of infection during pregnancy and lactation has not been established.if administration to pregnant or breast feeding patients is considered necessary, its potential benefit, should be weight against the possible hazards to the fetus and baby, its potential benefit should be weighed against the posible hazards tob the fetus and baby. If possible, avoid usage in final stage of pregnancy
• Csn csuse kernicterus when givemn to preterm.
You can also buy this cream from our store at Yulibu Marketplace.