Esinol Gel - Fluocinolone Acetonide 0.025% for Itching, Eczema, Seborrhea, Psoriasis
Esinol (Fluocinolone Acetonide) Gel is a topical (for the skin) steroid used to treat the inflammation and itching caused by a number of skin conditions such as allergic reactions, eczema, seborrhea, and psoriasis.
Each gram of gel contains
Fluocinolone acetonide.........0.25 mg
Fluocinolone acetonide is a synthetic corticosteroid which has anti-inflammatory, antipruritic, and anti allergic characteristic. Its mechanism of action are related to vasoconstriction, suppression of membrane permeability, and inhibition of inflammatory mediators relase.
Dosage and administration :
Apply slightly to the affected skin area 2 – 4 times daily.
• If irritacion occours, the treatment should be discontinued.
• In the presence of dermatological infections esinol should be administered in combination with appropriate antibacterial or antifungal preparation.
• Do not apply in the eye.
• Avoid contact with eyes. Severe eyes irritatin caused by accidental contact with esinol should be managed by rinsing the eyes immediately and thoroughly with large amount of water.
• Systemic absorption of topical corticosteroid has caused reversible HPA (hypothalamic pituitary adrenal) axis suppression, cushing’s syndrom e manifestations, hyperglycemia, and glucosuria in some ptients.
• Long term treatment my result in superinfction.
• Do not use bandage\dressing plaster on te affected skin area, unless by physician’s recommendation.
• Do not use dressing on the affected area in the face and in children.
• Ptients should be fully informed about asverse reactions that occour as a result of occlusive dressing.
• Use with caution in pregnant and nursing women.
Excessive use of corticosteroid may augment significant systemic absorption which may result in systemic effects.