Acyclovir 5% Cream for Anti Herpes, Cold Sores, Shingles, and Chicken Pox Treatment
Acyclovir is an antiviral drug. It slows the growth and spread of the herpes virus in the body. It will not cure herpes, but it can lessen the symptoms of the infection. Acyclovir is used to treat infections caused by herpes viruses, such as genital herpes, cold sores, shingles, and chicken pox.
Each gram of Palovir cream contains Acyclovir 50mg
Size: 10 gr
Exp Date: 18 month since your purchase date
acyclovir is a synthetic purine nucleoside analog that posseses in vitro and in vivo inhibitory againts herpes simplex viru type 1 (HSV-1), 2(HSV-2), and varicella – zoster virus (VZV). Acyclovir activated by herpes virus thymidine kinase which result in phosphorylation to produce acyclovir triphosphate, the active form of the acyclovir. Acyclovir triphosphate is achived by the prevention of viral DNA replication. Viral DNA reolication is prevented throught three mechanism : competitive inhibition of viral DNA polymerase, incorporation into and termination of the growing viral DNA chain, and inactivation of viral DNA poly merase.
For the treatment of skin herpes simplex virus infections including initial and recurrent genital herpes infections.
Dosage and administrations :
Apply sufficient quantity to adequately cover also lesions every 4 hours 5 times for 5 days. Therapy should be initiated as early as possible onset signs and symptoms.
A finger coat or rubber glove should be used when applying this preparations to prevent autoinoculation of other body site and transmmision of infection to other persons.
Patients who are hypersensitive to acyclovie.
Adverse reactions :
Mild pain including transient burning and stinging, local reaction including edema, pruritus , rash, vulvitis, erythema, and contact dermatitis.
Warning and precautions :
• It is not for ophthalmic use.
• Do not exceed the recommended dosage, frequency of applications, and length of treatment, see dosage and administration.
• Do not use for the prevention of recurrent HSV infections.
• Should not be used during pregnancy umless the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the fetus.
• Caution should be exercised when administered to a nursing women.
• Do not use mucosa membrane such as on mouth or vagina bacause irritation may occur.